Curriculum: English + digital learning > Classroom ideas resource
To access relevant software to assist with the teaching and learning of English please go to the eduSTAR catalogue
- Create a presentation using a personalised, speaking character in Voki: Create a Voki as an alternative oral presentation for a character in a novel or historical event.
AusVELS: Language, Literature
- Create a word cloud using Wordle: Use Wordle to interrogate and deconstruct texts.
- This Contemporary Literacy Practices of Preps e-book has been developed to showcase the range of learning opportunities possible when digital technologies become an integral part of children's’ learning and development.
- Peer assessment for online work: Students investigate the characteristics of an effective post to a blog, or other discussion forum and develop an assessment tool that they can use to check the quality of their post.
- Use VoiceThread for a collaborative analysis of issues: Analyse and explore newspaper articles using VoiceThread. Students can make comments alongside the articles as well as actually annotating the article. They are able to view one another’s comments/annotations, and so this can be a collaborative task.
- Acmi Generator: Storyboard Generator: The Storyboard Generator is an interactive tool designed to allow students to storyboard and teach students the concepts of storyboarding. This interactive sits allow them to build their own using resources from the ACMI Generator Free Media Library or upload and share their own.