Curriculum: History + digital learning > Classroom ideas resource
History AusVELS: F-10 Historical Skills
- Historical questions and research / Identify and locate relevant sources, using ICT and other methods.
- Explanation and communication / Use a range of communication forms (oral, graphic, written) and digital technologies.
To access relevant software relating to History please go to the eduSTAR catalogue
- Create a presentation using a personalised, speaking character in Voki: Create a Voki as an alternative oral presentation for a character in a novel or historical event.
- This My Place website is where you and your family can explore one place on earth and the kids who live there over a 130 year timeframe. Like the television series and the book, this site is filled with people, places and objects, each with their own special story. It’s a way to have fun with the changing face of time.
- Investigating and presenting research on Australian Government apology: Students investigate what is behind recent apologies made by the Australian Government and discuss the connection between an apology and reconciliation, then present their conclusions as a short video.
- Use VoiceThread for a collaborative analysis of issues: Analyse and explore newspaper articles using VoiceThread. Students can make comments alongside the articles as well as actually annotating the article. They are able to view one another’s comments/annotations,and so this can be a collaborative task.
- Create a Facebook page for a character from a novel or a historical figure: Use Microsoft Publisher to create a FaceBook page for a character from a novel or a historical figure.
Investigating and presenting research on Australian Government apology
Use VoiceThread for a collaborative analysis of issues
Explore Dreamtime stories using web 2.0 tools
Create a Facebook page for a character from a novel or a historical figure
Create a presentation using a personalised, speaking character in Voki