Curriculum: Science + digital learning > Classroom ideas resource
AusVELS Curriculum information for Science teaching can be found here.
For up to date software available for your classroom please visit the eduSTAR catalogue.
- Science at NASA - This website contains a number of interactive activities for students to explore the solar system. NASA images, animations, videos and podcasts are available. Games, activities and ideas for hands on experiments are included. Resources are also provided for teachers.
- Science for Kids - Learn more about the amazing world of science by enjoying our fun science experiments, cool facts, online games, free activities, ideas, lesson plans, photos, quizzes, videos & science fair projects.
- Primary Science: Authentic Contexts - In these activities, teachers engage their students' interests, probe and assess their science understanding and facilitate the development of their scientific literacy skills.
- Science Fair Projects - Find Super science fair projects and over 500 ideas, topics, experiments, an insight to how judges think, parent's guide and teacher's resource center.
- Experiland - This website features science projects & science experiments aimed at kids grades 1 to 8 in the following main categories - chemistry, earth science and astronomy, electricity and magnetism, life sciences and physics.
- Nova: Science in the News - Looks at the science behind the news headlines you read every day. Topics cover a variety of scientific fields and provide ‘real life’ examples of current research and how scientific information is used to make informed decisions. Each topic also includes teachers’ notes, student activities, links, further reading and resources, and provides accessible and up to date information on relevant Australian research.